sabato 8 settembre 2012

K I D S




AMERICA - UNHEALTHY - INSANE - STREET - SKATING - RAVERS - SURREAL LIVES - QUITTING - NASHVILLE - disHARMONY -  VIRUS - VOMIT - FAMILY PICTURES - ANGRY - ABUSE - SEX - NO DREAM - 




"I went to college for a semester and I didn't like it. I didn't like the kids there and I was smarter than my teachers" 



“I go around provoking passers-by, trying to start a fight while the video camera follows me and films everything. It’s very brutal – I’ve already broken a collar bone and been arrested. The punches and kicks are all real, it’s one of the most disgusting things you’ll ever see. I wanted to push humour to extreme limits to demonstrate that there’s a tragic component in everything.”


Harmony 


i wetn to a strip joint and saw a lady who was eight month pregnant taking her clothes off on stage. she was wearing a surgical mask. when i asked her why she looked at me and said it was an unhealthy environment.


from "A Crack Up at the Race Riot"



KIDS- Larry Clark & Harmony Korine















Harmony Korine's Gummo polaroids







In Kids, 12-year-olds are smoking pot. In Gummo they’re huffing glue. In Kids there’s rape. In Gummo one guy prostitutes his retarded sister. In Kids they beat the living snot out of some guy in a skate park. In Gummo they’re killing cats with bb guns, nooses, rocks, their bare hands. 

Harmony Korine + Proenza Shouler - Act da Foll












Harmony Korine + Proenza Shouler - "Snowballs"





“We would go into parking lots and steal sidewalk curbs and put them in my backyard. It was pretty fun for six months but I couldn’t really see a future… "





Chloë and Harmony

 “It isn’t true that my films are nihilistic. I think I’m apolitical. When I work on an idea, my aim is to create something innovative. Cinema is all pretty much the same, with the exception of a few, such as Godard, Fassbinder or Cassavetes. Film is still in its infancy. I make movies because no one has made a film that I’d like to see at the cinema. I’m 25, I’ve got my own syntax. Why would I relate to films by Scorsese? My myths are David Lynch and Michael Powell.”





Daddy never understood
That I was up to no good
He's storming at me in his sweatpants
Well make me dance, let me dance, let me dance, Daddy

Sticky sweet between my fingers
Peanut butter on my pants
I'm gonna do myself good
'Cause Daddy never understood

Daddy never understood
Daddy never understood
Daddy never understood
Daddy never understood




KEN PARK 

Random Images


"There is more life in a skateboarder skating down the street than in a hundred Hollywood actors" 

Larry Clark













Nessun commento:

Posta un commento